Monday, January 18, 2021

Dilemma of a lady

Written by Blessed Mudiaga Adjekpagbon

A Christian lady (name withheld) who is about twenty years old has found herself in a situation she did not bargain for, over her love affair with a Muslim man that impregnated her in the suburb of Kosofe - Mile 12 area of Lagos, Nigeria.

According to the mother of the lady (who does not want her own name to be published), "I don't want my daughter to marry a Muslim. Besides, l do not like the tribe he came from. I wonder what she saw in him that made her to fall in love with a non-Christian."

She narrated how her daughter got involved in a secret love relationship with the young man who is in his middle twenties. "I am a petty trader. I usually leave house very early and come back late too. So, l didn't know when she started dating him and got pregnant. One Sunday evening, the Muslim man came to introduce himself to me after he has impregnated her. He came with a man that he claimed to be his father to ask for my daughter's hand in marriage.

"But l told them that we are Christians and cannot allow our daughter to marry a Muslim. My husband is a traveler. When he came back he was furious and wanted to arrest the man who impregnated our daughter."

When Bulkybon Periscopes asked the pregnant lady what will be her next action since her parents do not want her to marry a non-Christian who is also not from the same tribe with her, she offers that, it is the greatest challenge she is confronted with since she was born. She said Catholic doctrines do not support abortion, otherwise she could have preferred to abort the pregnancy. While the lady’s parents are Igbo from South – Eastern Nigeria, the man is from the Middle belt region of Yoruba-speaking area of Kogi State.

According to her, to make matters worse, her parents have said they will disown her if they find out that she is still having anything to do with the man before and after the child's birth, as they have promised to engage the service of spies to monitor her movement henceforth. 

However, her mother said she suspects that the man charmed her  with juju because he is not the type of person that her daughter would naturally want to have an affair with.

The pregnant lady lamented that, "I am now confused. Catholics don't encourage abortion; otherwise, l could have aborted the pregnancy. My parents have sworn that after my delivery of the baby, they won't allow my lover to see the child. They said l should be ready to be a single parent to cater for the baby, or l should dare them by going to marry my lover, and they will disown me. 

"I love my parents so much and likewise love my lover. But at this point in time, l don’t know who l should follow. Should l leave my parents and go to my lover against their will, or should l depart totally him and be a single mother? These are the two issues troubling my mind right now."

 

END

 

No comments:

Post a Comment